The Cost Engineer is co-responsible for the costing and budgeting tools. As Cost Engineer you maintain & improve existing tools or you develop new tools. You are stimulating the cost consciousness throughout the company by means of collecting, analyzing and communicating essential cost information. You analyze the cost of existing and newly developed products, concepts and related data from our workshop. The Cost Engineer is part of the finance team and report to the CFO.
- You combine technological knowledge and accurate cost information in order to create new costing and budgeting tools or to update and improve the existing ones
- You communicate with engineering to clarify the scope and materials of our products
- You analyze production related data and propose corrective actions to optimize/reduce the cost of our products
- You support concept engineering in order to calculate an accurate cost of the concept
- You assist in decision-making processes by recommending cost effective alternatives for materials, methods, services
- You document costs in a structured way in order to optimize the cost management system
- You have a master degree in Engineering or Economics
- You have 2-3 years of experience in costing, preferably in an industrial environment
- Advanced in Excel and willingness to learn Power BI
- You are precise and you can communicate fluently in English
VYNCKE is a dynamic, family owned company that, since the start in 1912, has grown to a global player in the sector of clean energy technology : more precisely the development and construction of customized waste to energy installations.
Worldwide more than 370 Vynckeneers, as we call our employees, are stationed in our offices in Brazil, Ivory Coast, Spain, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and China.
Thanks to more than 4,300 satisfied customers all over the world, a well-lined order book and the loyal commitment of the enthusiastic Vynckeneers we maintain a stable position in the market. This allows us to offer excellent job security.
Are you a real team player, do you enjoy own responsibility and taking initiative, do you have an open international mentality and are you willing to travel ?
Then probably you could be one of the new Vynckeneers!