The Project Design Engineer is the technical key player in the project team. Your goal is to ensure the correct design of the solution for our customer, within the budget and deadlines. As the ‘architect’ you holistically design biomass energy plants and simulate combustions systems, heat exchangers and auxiliary plant equipment. Together with the Project Layout Designer, you coordinate and follow up the detailed design of the project. You work closely with the Project Manager in each VYNCKE project. You report to Project Team Manager.
- You take the overall technical responsibility for a VYNCKE project. By using the right simulation tools, you are responsible for the calculation of the energy plant, the sizing of all main components & auxiliary systems according to contract requirements, budget and design rules.
- You work out the concept and holistic design of the energy plant in close cooperation with the layout designer.
- You make sure the plant reaches the guaranteed capacity, efficiency and emission and translate this into the process and instrumentation diagram (P&ID).
- You watch over the budget consequences, create datasheets and check construction drawings.
- You are in close contact with the client, suppliers and subcontractors and look with them for the most suitable and economical solution.
- You transfer all design info to the field engineer at the start of erection and commissioning and attend site meetings when needed.
- You have a master of science in engineering or master in engineering
- Ideally, you will have a first experience in a technical environment, but more important is your maturity and drive to quickly immerse yourself in complex and diverse technical matters.
- Your sense of perfection and critical attitude characterize you and you know how to combine this with agility and decisiveness.
- You are able to keep a clear overview and stay in control, while adapting your communication style to the different stakeholders.
- You are willing to travel occasionally (10%).
- As you are part of an international team, you can work in English.
VYNCKE is a dynamic, family owned company that, since the start in 1912, has grown to a global player in the sector of clean energy technology : more precisely the development and construction of customized waste to energy installations.
Worldwide more than 370 Vynckeneers, as we call our employees, are stationed in our offices in Brazil, Ivory Coast, Spain, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and China.
Thanks to more than 4,300 satisfied customers all over the world, a well-lined order book and the loyal commitment of the enthusiastic Vynckeneers we maintain a stable position in the market. This allows us to offer excellent job security.
Are you a real team player, do you enjoy own responsibility and taking initiative, do you have an open international mentality and are you willing to travel ?
Then probably you could be one of the new Vynckeneers!